Angels & Trumpeters, Cotton Candy, and cupcakes information
It is extremely important that you read ALL of the document information as it answers all of your questions regarding dress rehearsal and performance days! After you have read it through if you still have question please direct them to Amanda at firstname.lastname@example.org
Ballet Basics - Angels & Trumpeters Dress Rehearsal & Performance Information
Kinder Movement II - Cotton Candy Dress Rehearsal & Performance Information
Kinder Movement I - Cupcakes Dress Rehearsal & Performance Information
Costume & Hair requirements
- Refer to the information highlighted in PINK
Principal Cast information
November 20th-December 3rd - REVISED 11/9/2017 - PLEASE NOTE THESE ARE AT THE ORPHEUM THEATER
Costume & Makeup requirements
makeup & Hair videos
Password: Check your email!
This is the basic makeup plan for all Int/Advanced female dancers (don't forget foundation). *Chinese dancers will receive makeup instructions from Ms. Donna.
Dancers that would need this are... Ballerina Doll, Columbine, Angel of Dreams, Clara, Snow Scene, Spanish, Arabian, Russian, Marzipan Flutes, Peppermint Princess, Dew Drop, Older Flowers, Sugar Plum
This video is for... All girls that do not have specialty makeup
MAKEUP FOR YOUNG GIRLS - EYE MAKEUP (Start at 1:07)
This video is for...
Party Scene Girls, Candy Canes, Flower Petals, Mother Ginger Children, Russian Children
This makeup design is for all men and boys.
Dancers and characters that need to use this makeup design would be... Party Scene Boys, Party Scene Men, Drosselmeyer, Grandfather w/age lines, Nutcracker, Snow King, All Act II Men & Boys
FAKE EYELASHES SHOULD BE WORN BY...
- Clara, Party Scene Women, Ballerina Doll, Columbine Doll, Nanny, Party Girls, Angel of Dreams, Rat Queen, Snow Queen, Snow Princess, Snowflakes, Sugar Plum Fairy, Spanish Female, Arabian, Lead Chinese Dancers, Lead Russian Dancers, Peppermint Princess, Marzipan Flute, Dew Drop Fairy, Feature Flower, and Flower Dancers
- This is the basic ballet bun for all ballet dancers that require a ballet performance bun. There are only a couple of roles that have the bun in a different placement. A girl with really thick or really long hair should probably get longer/bigger open bobby pins, and make sure you finish off the bun with a hairnet. The kind used in this video are the kind you will want to get. You can find them in the hair aisle at Hy-Vee, Walmart, and Walgreen's. (Please do not use the "sock" buns. They will not work with some of our headpieces).
Ringlet Curls - Party Scene Girls & Candy Canes ONLY
(This is not for Party Scene Women - you do a nice up-do)
This is a FAST video on how to do ringlets for Party Scene girls. Use lots of hairspray, pin the curls up to the head until showtime, and don't wash hair over the weekend. It's gross, but will save you a lot of time! Just continue to do touch-ups on the hair over the weekend. If the hair is getting greasy, there is a product that you can get at ULTA. Not sure of the brand name, but it is called "dry shampoo." It smells nice and takes the grease out of the hair.
The big thing...the ringlets should look like Nellie or Nancy Oleson's hair from "Little House on the Prairie." Google her if you aren't sure about the final look!
PLEASE READ to the end BEFORE OPENING CAST LISTS!!
First…Congratulations on your parts! The 2017 Nutcracker will be significantly different than previous years, so I ask a favor of you! Please do not “judge” the parts you received at this time. Parts that were originally small in other Nutcrackers may be much more impressive and entertaining than you remember, and you will not fully understand that until we begin rehearsing this September!
Here’s how I want you to read this…
- First, open the "Cast List by Dancer Last Name" and find your name, notice what you will be performing each weekend.
- Second, open the "Cast List by Role", this list tells you what your part entails and what group you are associated with. This information will be helpful when rehearsal schedule becomes available, so pay close attention to it!
Speaking of schedule…we are almost finished with the rehearsal schedule! We can not send the schedule out at this time. However I can give you the list of “Retreat Weekends” when Donna will be flying here from Atlanta. REMINDER RETREAT WEEKENDS ARE MANDATORY ATTENDANCE! We hit the choreography really hard with Donna. Missing is not an option!
- September 15-16-17th
- September 22-23-24th
- October 13-14-15th
- November 17-18-19th (19th rehearsal at the Orpheum)
Lastly, please do not contact any of the judges or choreographers with regards as to WHY you received or did not receive certain part/s. It is important you trust the audition process and respect the final decisions of the judges. We will not be answering any questions about casting as we are all tired after a long weekend of recitals.
Again…congratulations on your successes!
Jackie Kriens with...