Information for Dance Gallery Students and Parents
Sleeping Beauty Cast,
PLEASE READ THIS TO THE END BEFORE OPENING CAST LISTS!!
First…Congratulations on your parts! The 2019 Sleeping Beauty will be different than from previous times when we have performed it, so I ask a favor of you! Please do not “judge” the parts you received at this time. Parts that were originally small in the other Sleeping Beauty ballet may be much more impressive and entertaining than you remember, and you will not fully understand that until rehearsals begin this September!
Here’s how I want you to read this…
- First, open the "Cast List By Dancer Last Name" and find your name, notice what cast you are assigned to. If you are listed on both the “Cast #1” list and the “Cast #2” list, then you are performing all four shows in that role.
- Second, open the "Cast List By Role", this will tell you what your part entails and what group you are associated with. This information will be helpful when the rehearsal schedule is released, so pay close attention to it!
Speaking of schedule…we have not started working on the rehearsal schedule yet! However I can give you the list of “Retreat Weekends” when Donna will be flying here from Atlanta, those weekends are listed below. REMINDER RETREAT WEEKENDS ARE MANDATORY ATTENDANCE! We will hit choreography really hard when Ms Donna arrives in September. Missing is not an option! Make sure you put the dates on your calendar!
Lastly, do not contact any of the judges or choreographers with regards to WHY you received or did not receive certain part/s. It is important you trust the audition process and respect the final decisions of the judges. We will not be answering any questions about casting as we are all tired after a long weekend of recitals.
Again…congratulations on your successes!
Jackie Kriens with…
Show & Rehearsal Information
- Dance Gallery will be presenting Sleeping Beauty on January 18-19-20th, 2019 at the Orpheum Theater in Sioux Falls, SD.
- Rehearsals will be held on Sunday afternoons with the exception of "Retreat Weekends" in which all choreographers (including Donna Whitesel who will be flown in from Atlanta) are setting choreography. Retreat Weekends are mandatory and any absences are not accepted. Your personal schedules will need to be arranged accordingly as attendance on these weekends will be essential in order for your child to keep the part that was awarded to them in auditions.
- Retreat Weekend - September 21-23, 2018
- Retreat Weekend - September 28-30, 2018
- Retreat Weekend - October 19-21, 2018
- Retreat Weekend - November 16-18, 2018
- Retreat Weekend - December 7-9, 2018
- Retreat Weekend - January 11-14, 2018
- The week of performances we will have dress rehearsal days at the theater which will be held Wednesday, January 16, 2019 & Thursday, January 17, 2019. This rehearsals are mandatory and any absences are not accepted.
Audition information - Spring or falL
Because of the complexity of this ballet, auditions are being divided into two different times.
The first audition time is Saturday, April 21, 2018. This audition is for Intermediate and Advanced ballet students. Students that are...
- In Cecchetti Grade II or higher by September 2018 OR...
- At least 10 years old by April 21, 2018
...will be asked to audition this spring.
Students ages 5-9 years old will audition in September. A audition date will be finalized later this spring, but will be held on either a Friday or Saturday in September.
Click here to see the available Sleeping Beauty parts!
Intermediate & Advanced dancers Summer Ballet Requirements
In order for us to reduce the number of injuries from this challenging ballet, students that receive leading roles or solo parts on pointe have special training requirements. Due to the intensity of the initial rehearsals in September, dancers will need to come to September classes and rehearsals already conditioned for the challenging choreography that we begin with right away.
Students with leading roles or are soloists on pointe will be required to...
- Take summer ballet classes at Dance Gallery, AND
- To enroll click here
- Enroll in the dancer cross training program through FYZICAL Therapy & Balance Centers at Ruth Scott's clinic in Sioux Falls
The last page of the audition form outlines the requirements and costs of the FYZICAL Therapy & Balance Centers dancer cross training program.
Audition Form and Contract - *Due in the studio office by 7:00 PM on Thursday, April 5, 2018. Once all audition forms have been received we can begin the process of assigning dancers to their audition groups.
The results of the April audition will not be publicized until after the June recital.