Information for Dance Gallery Students and Parents
Show & rehearsal Information
- Dance Gallery will be presenting Sleeping Beauty on January 18-19-20th, 2019 at the Orpheum Theater in Sioux Falls, SD.
- Rehearsals will be held on Sunday afternoons with the exception of "Retreat Weekends" in which all choreographers (including Donna Whitesel who will be flown in from Atlanta) are setting choreography. Retreat Weekends are mandatory and any absences are not accepted. Your personal schedules will need to be arranged accordingly as attendance on these weekends will be essential in order for your child to keep the part that was awarded to them in auditions.
- The week of performances we will have dress rehearsal days at the theater which will be held Wednesday, January 16, 2019 & Thursday, January 17, 2019. This rehearsals are mandatory and any absences are not accepted.
Audition information - Spring or falL
Because of the complexity of this ballet, auditions are being divided into two different times.
The first audition time is Saturday, April 21, 2018. This audition is for Intermediate and Advanced ballet students. Students that are...
- In Cecchetti Grade II or higher by September 2018 OR...
- At least 10 years old by April 21, 2018
...will be asked to audition this spring.
Students ages 5-9 years old will audition in September. A audition date will be finalized later this spring, but will be held on either a Friday or Saturday in September.
Click here to see the available Sleeping Beauty parts!
Intermediate & Advanced dancers Summer Ballet Requirements
In order for us to reduce the number of injuries from this challenging ballet, students that receive leading roles or solo parts on pointe have special training requirements. Due to the intensity of the initial rehearsals in September, dancers will need to come to September classes and rehearsals already conditioned for the challenging choreography that we begin with right away.
Students with leading roles or are soloists on pointe will be required to...
- Take summer ballet classes at Dance Gallery, AND
- To enroll click here
- Enroll in the dancer cross training program through FYZICAL Therapy & Balance Centers at Ruth Scott's clinic in Sioux Falls
The last page of the audition form outlines the requirements and costs of the FYZICAL Therapy & Balance Centers dancer cross training program.
Audition Form and Contract - *Due in the studio office by 7:00 PM on Thursday, April 5, 2018. Once all audition forms have been received we can begin the process of assigning dancers to their audition groups.
The results of the April audition will not be publicized until after the June recital.