Young Children's Ballet Program Enrollment
Children 3-9 Years Old - We always encourage starting with the ballet program. We have four basic ballet levels.
- Creative Movement - Ages 3-4
- Kinder Movement I - Ages 5-6
- Kinder Movement II - Ages 6-7 (students who are 6 years old should enroll here if they have taken Kinder Movement I)
- Ballet Basics - Ages 7-9 (students who are 7 years old should enroll here if they have taken Kinder Movement II. Students will be at this level for two years before enrolling in Cecchetti I or Non Syllabus Ballet.)
Dance Gallery also has options for combo classes of ballet with tap, jazz or hip hop. These combo classes change every year. If a combo class works with your schedule, take advantage of this. It is a cost effective way of introducing your child to another form of dance.
Students at a Ballet Basics age are able to enroll in Tap I, Jazz I, Hip Hop I, and Contemporary I. Students generally stay in the beginner levels until they reach 9-10 years of age. After that point, teachers will recommend class enrollment for the following season.
Once your child has progressed through the Young Children's Ballet Program, new options open up for them.
- Cecchetti Syllabus which has the option for examination, for information regarding our Cecchetti program click here.
- Non Syllabus Ballet
We encourage both program options. The Cecchetti syllabus is the only program that offers the opportunity to take a ballet exam.
Everyone starting in Cecchetti must take Grade I to examine in the future. In order to examine, the Cecchetti Council of America insists that students begin their training at Grade I and progress from there. To examine, we require students stay in each level for two years to make marked improvement.
If you are a dancer with previous training, please email us at email@example.com to discuss options for your level of accomplishment.
Tap, Jazz, Hip Hop, Modern, & Contemporary
To begin, we suggest following the age level listed on the class. If your level of accomplishment does not coordinate with our suggested age level, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss your class options.
Class levels progress as follows...
- Tap, Jazz, Hip Hop, Modern, and Contemporary - Level I (ages 7-9+)
- Tap, Jazz, Hip Hop, Modern, and Contemporary - Level II (ages 10-14)
- Tap, Jazz, Hip Hop, Modern, and Contemporary - Intermediate (ages 14+)
- Tap, Jazz, Hip Hop, Modern, and Contemporary - Advanced (ages 14+)
We realize there are various levels dancers have accomplished. If there are questions concerning what level your dancer should enroll, contact us at email@example.com.